Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Menacing faces!!

Trains, especially streamline trains, were scary looking, I'm not talking about Thomas the Tank Engine faces either!!! Have you ever looked at the back bumper of a car and said to yourself, "Hey! That car looks really happy!" or "Hey that car looks like it's gunna kill me." or "Hey that car looks constipated.", well I'm trying to find some good mechanical "faces" for the ships in Dans game. I've been watching videos and looking in books about streamline trains and have noticed a pattern of menacing looking faces. Heres what I'm talking about but with cars.

I have a ship concept that hasn't been scanned yet, but is based on a zigzag art deco motif from a door in the Chrysler Building. It's a 2D frontal view of an eagle with ziggurat wings. Dan brought up a good point that maybe I can try turning those 2D motifs into 3D ship designs. I found an amazing walkthrough were someone uses the body shape of a Manta ray in the design of an organic spaceship. The design I'm doing won't be very organic, but this is kind of the same process I'm going through for the zigzag inspired spaceship design.

No comments:

Post a Comment